Under primary administrative direction of the CEO at River Park as well as other CEO’s within the market, the Market CFO provides leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of River Park Hospital and the Middle TN market.• Administers the general accounting, patient business services (including third party reimbursement), financial and statistical reporting functions of the hospitals in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management. When in conflict with the job description, the staffing Request and Job Posting supersede the job description).
• Provides formal or informal direction in Market financial operations, as well as other functions that may include data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions. Trains subordinates in those areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
• Assists the River Park CEO, as well as other CEO’s in the Market, in the development of long and short-term hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions, and analyses of resources within the Market and proposal of operational efficiencies.
• Supervises the development of long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals’ long and short-range plans and objectives.
• Prepares or supervises preparation of cash flow analyses, budget variance analyses, and analyses of Joint Venture performance and cash position.
• Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets as necessary.
• Monitors, interprets, and analyzes hospitals’ and Market financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives.
• Works closely with Market CEO’s to identify undesirable trends as well as potential business opportunities – makes recommendations for action.
• Directs the preparation in internal financial reports including workpapers for annual financial audit.
• Assures the timely and accurate preparation of internal financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospitals and Market.
• Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing Market operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of Market trends, financial reports, and operating procedures.
• Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis of all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports and public disclosure reports as well as third party payor cost reports.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, as well as the knowledge of GAAP normally acquired through the completion of this degree, is required. Strongly prefer designation as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master of Business Administration or Health Administration degree.