Position Summary: The Registered Nurse uses the knowledge bases of nursing education and experience to deliver nursing care using the nursing process according to the hospitalís policies, procedures, and protocols. The RN responds to life-threatening situations with appropriate nursing interventions. The RN organizes patient care delivery by prioritizing, delegating, delivering and evaluating on an ongoing basis.
1. Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards.
2. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
3. Current RN licensure in the state of Oregon.
4. Obtain CPR certification within 3 months of hire.
5. Obtain ACLS certification within 6 months of hire.
6. TNCC and either ENPC or PALS within 6 months preferred.
Essential Job Functions:*
1. Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the Nursing Process for patients in the following age groups: Infants, Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults, Geriatrics.
2. Documents accurately and appropriately, following regulatory and hospital requirements.
3. Participates in the responsible management of health care resources.
4. Assumes responsibility for clinical competency and professional development.
5. Practices in a clinical environment through application of theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
Willamette Valley Medical Center is an Equal Opporunity Employer.